Auto accidents happen to even the safest of drivers. One minute, you can be driving down the road, heading home from work, or out running errands, and in the next, you could be involved in a potentially serious accident resulting in injuries that can be severe and life-threatening.
At Northland Injury Law, our Kansas City car accident lawyers have extensive experience in handling these types of cases, and we understand the impact they can have on every area of your life. Your injuries may require ongoing medical care and treatment while preventing you from working or even enjoying hobbies and social activities with those you love.
Although every case is different, the following are among the most frequently asked auto accident questions we hear from our clients.
- What do I do if the accident involves a commercial vehicle?
- When a commercial vehicle (i.e., semi-truck, dump truck, bus, etc.) is involved, the insurance company for those vehicles goes to work immediately investigating the incident. They usually have an accident investigator at the scene of the accident while vehicles are still in place. They usually have an accident investigator at the scene of the accident while vehicles are still in place. The insurance company is working fast to reduce or eliminate the commercial vehicle’s responsibility for the collision.
- According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), an estimated 300,000 commercial vehicle accidents occur each year in the United States, resulting in close to $90 billion in damages.
- Whether you are injured on a bus or train, or as the result of a collision with a truck or other commercial vehicle, it is important to get both the driver’s name as well as the name of the company he or she works for to file an insurance claim. Be warned that these companies have deep pockets and may offer a quick settlement in order to get you to accept an amount that is far less than what you deserve.
- Due to the large size of most commercial vehicles and the lack of safety restraints on public transportation, the injuries you suffer could have long-lasting ramifications, which need to be factored into any financial settlement. Again, this is a situation in which you want an experienced lawyer negotiating on your behalf to ensure your rights and interests are protected.
LET US GET STARTED ON YOUR MISSOURI CASE TODAY
If you or someone you care about has been seriously injured in an auto accident, contact Northland Injury Law today. We provide the comprehensive, professional legal representation you deserve at a time when you need it most.
Call us at 816-400-4878 or contact our office online today to schedule a free consultation.