Summer is here! Warmer weather means more time spent outdoors & on the water. The start of Summer is an important time to brush up on boating safety skills and prepare for boating season.
The National Safe Boating Council recommends these tips for boaters:
- Take a boating safety course
- Check equipment to ensure all essential parts are present, working, and in good condition.
- Make a float plan! Always let someone on shore know the trip itinerary, including operator and passenger information, boat type and registration, and communication equipment on board.
- Wear a life jacket.
- Use an engine cut-off device – it’s the law.
- Watch the weather
- Know what’s going on around you at all times.
- Know where you’re going and travel at safe speeds
- Never boat under the influence.
- Keep in touch. Have more than one communication device that works when wet. VHF radios, emergency locator beacons, satellite phones, and cell phones can all be important devices in an emergency
If you’ve been in an accident in Gladstone, Liberty, Kansas City, North Kansas City, Saint Joseph, Plattsburg, Cameron, Chillicothe, Trenton, Sedalia, Warrensburg, or anywhere else in the Kansas City area, a car accident lawyer from Northland Injury Law is here to help you. You don’t have to do all the work of getting your fair compensation alone. Call us at (816) 293-4731 or visit our virtual office to schedule an appointment to discuss your case.